India: Earthquake - Jan 2001
Most read reports
- Information on Earthquake in India: Gujarat Earthquake National Relief Fund
- India: National disaster management guidelines - management of earthquakes
- UN System Response to the Gujarat Earthquake Immediate Needs and Action Plan
- Turning the Tide; Good Practices in Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction
- Guidance Note on Recovery: Private Sector
Transformation: Initiatives Towards Resilience
Can cutting edge innovations that integrate disaster risk reduction with climate change adaptation transform our views on risk from the standpoint of individuals, institutions and investments that shape resilience?
This issue of Southasiadisasters.net offers an unusual range of such examples from India, prevalent not only in this country but all across South Asia. AIDMI's two decades of work in South Asia has shown that "Uncertainty" is an opportunity for transformation.