India: Earthquake - Jan 2001
Most read reports
- Information on Earthquake in India: Gujarat Earthquake National Relief Fund
- India: National disaster management guidelines - management of earthquakes
- UN System Response to the Gujarat Earthquake Immediate Needs and Action Plan
- Turning the Tide; Good Practices in Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction
- Guidance Note on Recovery: Private Sector
Rt Hon Helen Clark
Cabinet today agreed that New Zealand will make a contribution of $500,000 towards relief efforts following the catastrophic weekend earthquake in India, Prime Minister Helen Clark and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Phil Goff announced today.
The earthquake has been called the worst ever disaster in India, with a reported death toll of over 20,000 and many more missing and injured.