Tajikistan: Drought - Jun 2001
Most read reports
- World Bank: Boosting Financial Resilience to Natural Disasters in Central Asia. 31 Jul 2018
- IRI: The drought and humanitarian crisis in Central and Southwest Asia: A climate perspective. 30 Nov 2001
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 2, 2002. 15 May 2002
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Foodcrops and Shortages No. 5/2002. 30 Nov 2002
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 1, 2002. 28 Feb 2002
The government is taking steps to stop
its population growing out of control and straining its meagre resources.
By Natalia Davlatova in Dushanbe (RCA No. 133, 30-July-02)
Dushanbe is wrestling with a population explosion that threatens to devastate the already impoverished country.
Launched on 21 August 2001 for CHF 6,795,218 for 9 months. Programme has been extended for 4 months, and will now end on 30 September, 2002.
Disaster relief Emergency Fund (DREF) allocated: CHF 150,000
Period covered: 25 April 2002 to 15 June 2002; last Ops Update (no. 03 issued 25 April, 2002; Next Ops Update (no. 6) expected : September 2002
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 130.4%
Related Appeals: 01.52/2002, Central Asia 2002 Annual Appeal
Outstanding needs: None
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR DEMOCRACY, CONFLICT, AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (DCHA)