Tajikistan: Drought - Jun 2001
Most read reports
- World Bank: Boosting Financial Resilience to Natural Disasters in Central Asia. 31 Jul 2018
- IRI: The drought and humanitarian crisis in Central and Southwest Asia: A climate perspective. 30 Nov 2001
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 2, 2002. 15 May 2002
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Foodcrops and Shortages No. 5/2002. 30 Nov 2002
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 1, 2002. 28 Feb 2002
Appeal Target: CHF 8,903,148 (USD 5.6m I EUR 6.1m)
Period covered: 1 January - 15 May 2002
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 24.5%
Related Appeals: Europe Central Asia programmes (01.52/2002)
Outstanding needs: CHF 7,417,559 (USD 4.6m I EUR5.1 m)
Update: The Red Crescent Society of Tajikistan (RCST), with Federation assistance, continues to support vulnerable people. The national society is steadily building its capacity to work with those in need. Further donor support is required to maintain this progress.
By Rita Plotnikova in Dushanbe, Tajikistan