Tajikistan: Drought - Jun 2001
Most read reports
- World Bank: Boosting Financial Resilience to Natural Disasters in Central Asia. 31 Jul 2018
- IRI: The drought and humanitarian crisis in Central and Southwest Asia: A climate perspective. 30 Nov 2001
- FAO: FAO: Long term plans for drought mitigation and management in the Near East region. 9 Mar 2002
- Tufts Univ.: South Asia: Drought affected countries in the region. 10 May 2002
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 1, 2003. 25 Feb 2003
Rome, December 2001
Latest information indicates a slightly
larger global cereal output in 2001, of 1 870 million tonnes (including
rice in milled terms). However, even at this level, production would still
be less than the anticipated utilization requirements in 2001/02, leading
to a significant draw-down of cereal stocks.
While Afghanistan currently faces a grave food supply situation, food emergencies persist in many other countries (see box on page 6).
Power of humanity
Rome, October 2001