Cuba: Drought - Aug 1998
Most read reports
- NDMC: Cuba: Drought Concerns and Impacts. 1 Aug 1998
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 3, 2000. 14 Jun 2000
- FAO: FAO: Cereal production up from last year, but will not meet demand. 14 Jun 2000
- FAO: FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 2, 2000. 12 Apr 2000
- IFRC: Central America Region Appeal No. 01.50/2003. 16 Dec 2002
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The United States said Thursday it is "very disappointed" that Cuba had turned down a U.S. contribution to an emergency food appeal to combat drought in the communist-ruled island.
"We regret that the Cuban government has decided to put politics ahead of the basic needs of the Cuban people," State Department spokesman James Rubin said.