China: Cold Wave - Jan 2008
Most read reports
- NASA: Satellite Image of Severe Cold in Southwestern Asia (17 - 24 Jan 2008) . 24 Jan 2008
- IFRC: China: Floods Appeal No. MDRCN002 Final Report. 7 May 2009
- FAO: Crop prospects and food situation - No. 2, Apr 2008. 30 Apr 2008
- Tzu Chi Foundation: Tzu Chi relief report update for the year 2007. 4 Mar 2008
- Govt. China-Hong Kong: $272.34 million released for disaster relief outside Hong Kong in 2007-08. 2 May 2008
China's chief meteorologist has admitted the country wasn't prepared for the severe winter weather that has stranded millions of people struggling to get home for Lunar New Year.
The blizzards and icy temperatures that have lasted nearly three weeks have left millions stuck at airports, train stations and bus depots across south, central and eastern China.
China Meteorological Administration chief, Zheng Guoguang, says it wasn't expected that the snowy weather would last so long.
He says as a result the authorities were not prepared there is a lack of equipment for …