China: Cold Wave - Jan 2008
Most read reports
- Xinhua: Over 88,900 killed, missing in natural disasters in China in 2008: report . 23 Sep 2009
- OCHA: OCHA Natural Disaster Bulletin No. 9 - November 2008. 27 Nov 2008
- NASA: Satellite Image of Severe Cold in Southwestern Asia (17 - 24 Jan 2008) . 24 Jan 2008
- IFRC: China: Snow (as of 5 Feb 2008) - Situation Map. 5 Feb 2008
- FAO: Crop prospects and food situation - No. 2, Apr 2008. 30 Apr 2008
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 2.6 percent to a record 2 164 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected to be in wheat following significant expansion in plantings in major producing countries. Coarse grains output is tentatively forecast to remain around the bumper level of last year. Rice production is foreseen to increase slightly reflecting production incentives in several Asian countries.