Tajikistan: Avalanche - Feb 2006
Most read reports
- UNCT Tajikistan: Tajikistan: Districts affected by avalanches and heavy snowfall (as of 26 Jan - 1 Feb 2006). 1 Feb 2006
- ECHO: Fourth DIPECHO Action Plan for Central Asia. 22 Dec 2006
- ECHO: Quatrième plan d'action DIPECHO pour l'Asie centrale. 22 Dec 2006
- UNCT Tajikistan: Tajikistan: Compiled Situation Report 3 Feb 2006. 3 Feb 2006
- UNCT Tajikistan: Tajikistan: Emergency Situation Report 1 Feb 2006. 1 Feb 2006
Appeal Target: US$ 235,274
Balance Requested from ACT Alliance: US$ 143,774
Location of operation: Central Asia
(Tajikistan including cross-border initiatives with Northern Afghanistan,
Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan)(1)
Amount of Decision: EUR 6,050,000
Lieu de l'opération : L'Asie centrale
(le Tadjikistan y compris les initiatives transfrontalières avec l'Afghanistan
du nord, le Kirghizistan, l'Ouzbékistan, le Turkménistan, le Kazakhstan)
Montant de la décision : 6.050.000 EUR
A State of Emergency was declared in Tajikistan's Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Oblast (GBAO) region on Friday, January 27, 2006. Over the past six days, more than 200 avalanches of varying intensity have been reported in all of the GBAO districts.
Today, 3 February 2006, MoES reports about additional damages in the following districts of Rasht Valley (damages occurred between 1-3 February):
The Federation’s mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
This Bulletin (No. 1/2006) is being issued for information only. The Federation is not seeking funding or other assistance from donors for this operation at this time. Any change in this will be detailed later in a bulletin.
Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Oblast: