- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Zambia and partners appeal for over US$74.2m to address critical needs of Congolese refugees
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
LUSAKA, Dec 1, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Landmine has been a major problem in Zambia, hindering development and shattering lives of hundreds of victims, according to Times of Zambia on Saturday.
The Zamia Mine Action Center ZMAC director Sheila Mweemba was quoted as saying that Zambia was still carrying out demining operations.
ZMAC estimates that up to 41 sites could have been contaminated with landmines especially along the border areas with Angola, Mozambique and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
According to the ZMAC, up to 500 landmine explosions have occurred in various …
LUSAKA, Apr 4, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- A landmine exhibition was held Wednesday in Lusaka to mark the international day for mine awareness and assistance in mine action.
An expert introduced ways of first aid to landmine victims and showed audience the ways.Some medical equipment and medicines were displayed at the exhibition. Pictures were also showed telling people how to deal with the landmine when faced with it.