- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 03rd June 2018
African states commit to eradicate cluster munitions and end the suffering they cause by stepping up efforts to universalize the 2008 Convention on Cluster Munitions and to strengthen the norm against cluster munitions use by condemning all such use.
The ICRC's Harare Regional Delegation carries out humanitarian activities in Namibia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe and in collaboration with the National Red Cross Societies, focuses on visiting detainees to monitor their living conditions and treatment, improving access to water and sanitation and reconnecting families separated by conflict.
Below is an overview of the ICRC's Harare Regional Delegation work in 2015.
Visiting detainees and maintaining contact between separated families
In Zimbabwe, we