- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 6 March 2018
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 18 February 2018
- Zambia is not a permanent home for Rwandan refugees, President Lungu says
- Zambia takes the keys away from 'drivers' of deforestation
- United Nations led partnership together with the Green Climate Fund to support nearly 1 million farmers in Zambia
African states commit to eradicate cluster munitions and end the suffering they cause by stepping up efforts to universalize the 2008 Convention on Cluster Munitions and to strengthen the norm against cluster munitions use by condemning all such use.
The ICRC's Harare Regional Delegation carries out humanitarian activities in Namibia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe and in collaboration with the National Red Cross Societies, focuses on visiting detainees to monitor their living conditions and treatment, improving access to water and sanitation and reconnecting families separated by conflict.
Below is an overview of the ICRC's Harare Regional Delegation work in 2015.
Visiting detainees and maintaining contact between separated families
In Zimbabwe, we