- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Climate-proofing livelihoods: Alternative agricultural approaches in Zambia
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak Lusaka - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRZM011)
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- Zambia Price Bulletin, November 2018
Gugu Dube, Dominique Dye (Junior Researchers) & Noël Stott, Senior Research Fellow, Arms Management Programme, ISS Pretoria
From the 9th - 11 September 2009, representatives from African states participated in the 3rd Continental Conference of African Experts on Landmines. The conference was hosted by the Government of the Republic of South Africa, in collaboration with the African Union (AU) and with the financial support of the European Union.
Une conférence régionale sur le sujet s'ouvre aujourd'hui à Pretoria
Pretoria, le 9 septembre 2009 -- Les membres de l'Union Africaine doivent redoubler d'efforts pour éliminer les mines terrestres sur tout le continent et pour assurer le respect des droits des survivants d'explosions de mines, a affirmé aujourd'hui la Campagne internationale pour interdire les mines (ICBL), lauréate du prix Nobel de la paix en 1997. Une conférence régionale sur le sujet se déroulera du 9 au 11 septembre à Pretoria.
Regional meeting on landmines opens today in Pretoria
Pretoria, 9 September 2009 -- African Union members must step up their efforts towards ridding the continent of landmines and fully respecting the rights of landmine survivors, said the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), 1997 Nobel Peace Laureate, today at the opening of a regional meeting on the issue.
The Portfolio of Mine Action Projects 2009 provides a snapshot of the problems of landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) in 33 countries, territories and peacekeeping missions, and describes the strategies for eliminating each of these threats.
This 12th edition of the annual portfolio is a collection of mine action project proposals that reflect a strategic response by field-based partners to the landmine and ERW problems in specific countries or territories.
Since the Anti-Personnel Mine-Ban Treaty was adopted in September 1997, mine action has helped an ever-increasing number of civilians reclaim their lives and restore their livelihoods. The treaty has helped mobilize the international community's response to landmines and their impact on people.