- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
The ICRC's Harare Regional Delegation carries out humanitarian activities in Namibia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe and in collaboration with the National Red Cross Societies, focuses on visiting detainees to monitor their living conditions and treatment, improving access to water and sanitation and reconnecting families separated by conflict.
Below is an overview of the ICRC's Harare Regional Delegation work in 2015.
Visiting detainees and maintaining contact between separated families
In Zimbabwe, we
Lusaka, Zambia (ICRC) – Representatives from nine southern and central African countries are gathered in Lusaka for a two-day seminar, on 17 and 18 June; its aim is to promote adherence to the Convention on Cluster Munitions (CCM) amongst members of the Southern African Development Community (SADC), and to enable them to share best practices for passing domestic legislation to implement its provisions.