- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Zambia and partners appeal for over US$74.2m to address critical needs of Congolese refugees
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
Despite cases of misappropriation accounting for $34 million in four countries (Djibouti, Mali, Mauritania and Zambia) identified and published by the Global Fund, the Netherlands does not intend to suspend its contribution to the Fund. 'We have a zero-tolerance policy on fraud and corruption. Any suspicion of abuse and corruption will be investigated and, if necessary, prosecuted.
Development minister Bert Koenders has earmarked €1.5 million in emergency aid for the victims of floods that have hit Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Dutch aid money will be used to provide food, medicine and shelter to some of the 1.3 million people affected. Across the four countries the floods have driven 120,000 people from their homes.
Koenders' pledge is the Dutch response to an appeal for aid by the United Nations.
Agnes van Ardenne, Minister for Development Cooperation, is donating 9 million euros to the UN to alleviate the food crisis in Africa. Of this sum, 5 million will go to the Horn of Africa, 3 million to Southern Africa and 1 million to West Africa. 40 million Africans are threatened by famine. Ethiopia has been worst hit by food shortages and faces widespread starvation.