- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 2 February 2018
- Zambia: Agriculture Assessment Western Province, Zambia, August 2017
- Some Zambia schools reopen, others stay shut after cholera outbreak
- European Union team visits Kenani transit centre and Mantapala refugee settlement in Zambia
- Village Savings: Helping Small Farmers Weather Climate Shocks
On 20 December, the Ministry of the Interior confirmed the decision of the ministerial working group on migration concerning the allocation of the refugee quota of 750 people for 2018.
Finland is committed to receive Syrian refugees from Turkey and Congolese refugees from Zambia in the 2018 quota. As a result of the ongoing conflict and humanitarian crisis in Syria, millions of people have been forced to leave their homes. About 33,000 Congolese refugees have fled to Zambia because of long-standing violence. Most of these refugees are women and children.
Press release 261/2005
By a decision made by Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paula Lehtomäki, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted 6.5 million euros for assisting the suffering people of Africa.
"The natural disaster at the turn of the year in Asia had significant consequences on the humanitarian assistance budget.