- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Executive Summary
This Annual Evaluation Report provides an overview of evaluation in the Department for International Development (DFID) for 2015.
The report summarises DFID’s evaluation activities in 2015 and highlights progress against the Evaluation Strategy.
The Civil Society Challenge Fund (CSCF) was a demand-led fund which aimed to enable poor and marginalised people to have a voice on issues that affect them and to be included in local and national decision making forums. Running from 2000 to 2015, it supported 526 projects in Africa, Asia, the Americas and the Middle East, each with a grant of up to £500,000 and running for 3 to 5 years.
- Introduction: What is the Governance Portfolio Review?
1.1 DFID’s investment in governance aims to support the development of capable, accountable and responsive states that provide security, enable growth, reduce poverty and improve the delivery of public services.i It also seeks to build peace and stability and strong state-society relations in fragile states. Between 2004–9 DFID’s investment in governance averaged 17% of DFID’s development assistance.
This review has focused the UK's bilateral aid programme in fewer countries so we can target our support where it will make the biggest difference and where the need is greatest.