- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund/No.1 /2018: Zambia: Emergency Response to Storm and Flood affected Populations in Zambia
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 16th April 2018
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 9th April 2018
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 23rd April 2018
- All aboard for a new life in Zambia
1.1 The Public Service Agreement (PSA) framework has changed for the period 2008-11. Thirty PSAs now reflect a collective set of the UK government's priorities.
1.2 The Department for International Development (DFID) is the lead department on PSA 29: Reduce poverty in poorer countries through quicker progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Africa Conflict and Humanitarian Unit (ACHU)
Summary of key findings
- Total spend in 2007/8 was =A3205m, a decline from =A3236m in 2006/7. However using adjusted figures the amount is broadly similar for both years. Both these years' spend was less than the exceptional 2005/6, when it peaked at =A3264m.
- Year on year trend: there has been a 10-15 % decline since the peak spend in 2005/6 of =A3264m.
- The top five recipient countries of DFID humanitarian aid are Sudan, DRC, Zimbabwe, Uganda and Somalia.