- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance Alert: Floods Emergency in Zambia
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund/No.1 /2018: Zambia: Emergency Response to Storm and Flood affected Populations in Zambia
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 9th April 2018
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 16th April 2018
- All aboard for a new life in Zambia
The Annual Report meets DFID’s obligation to report on its activities and progress under the International Development (Reporting and Transparency) Act 2006. It includes information on DFID’s results achieved, spending, performance and efficiency.
Africa Conflict and Humanitarian Unit (ACHU)
Summary of key findings
- Total spend in 2007/8 was =A3205m, a decline from =A3236m in 2006/7. However using adjusted figures the amount is broadly similar for both years. Both these years' spend was less than the exceptional 2005/6, when it peaked at =A3264m.
- Year on year trend: there has been a 10-15 % decline since the peak spend in 2005/6 of =A3264m.
- The top five recipient countries of DFID humanitarian aid are Sudan, DRC, Zimbabwe, Uganda and Somalia.
Over 30 million people will need relief to meet their food needs in Africa in 2006.