- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
DREAMS is an ambitious partnership to reduce HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries.
The goal of DREAMS is to help girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women.
Girls and young women account for 71 percent of new HIV infections among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa.
March 28, 2012
This week I’m in Africa, a place I go a couple of times a year to see our foundation’s work in the field. The reason I go on these trips is to see for myself what’s happening and I come away with success stories, notes on things that we need to get smarter about, and a better understanding overall. This time I’m visiting Ethiopia and Zambia, which should be very interesting.
Eliminating malaria in Zambia
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to announce $120 million in new agriculture grants
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, on Thursday will urge governments, donors, researchers, farmer groups, environmentalists, and others to set aside old divisions and join forces to help millions of the world's poorest farming families boost their yields and incomes so they can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
Geneva - $5,056,468 over 5 years to support malaria endemic countries in Southern Africa to successfully deploy Global Fund resources and scale up malaria control interventions.