- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
- As 12,000+ Congolese flee to Zambia, aid funds dry to trickle
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change adaptation in agriculture in Zambia
- EIB broadens support for water infrastructure in Zambia
- President's Malaria Initiative: Zambia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2018
- Government assures the host community that no one will be displaced as Congolese are relocated to the new refugee settlement in Nchelenge
Global warming is the greatest environmental challenge facing the world today. Increasing global temperatures are bringing about rapid changes in weather patterns, rising sea levels and increased frequency and intensity of extreme weather.
UNITA demand politicisation of Electoral Commission
The largest opposition party, UNITA, has demanded that an Independent Electoral Commission be set up in such a way that it is itself represented, along with churches and civil society.
On 6 December UNITA leader Isaias Samakuva told a workshop of opposition parliamentarians that the creation of an independent electoral commission must be at the centre of a new electoral law for the next election, which is expected to be held in September 2006.
Samakuva also raised UNITA's opposition to the suggestion by President Jose Eduardo …
Poor response to UN aid appeal
Despite recent donations from the European Commission and France to the United Nations joint appeal for Angola, the appeal remains woefully under-funded, with little prospect of aid flows matching donations given last year.
Angola signs up for African Peer Review Mechanism
Donor failure leads to cuts in UN appeal
New government appointed=A0