- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
This story is the first of four stories this month about CRWRC's work in agriculture - a key aspect of CRWRC's work in community development. Recently CRWRC learned that its proposal for $1.1M of funding from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) was turned down; this funding was a crucial part of CRWRC's budget each year. CRWRC's community development programs - which include agricultural development - could be adversely affected now and in the future. Help communities reap the benefits of CRWRC's programs, now and in the years to come.
Christina de Jong
Three years ago Kezias Banda, a farmer in the Zambia, was struggling. He was hoping to send his children to school and build a better house, but he had been unable to turn a profit with his dry season irrigation gardening, something he had been experimenting with since 2002.
Tim Bootsma, CRWRC Zambia