- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
In April this year, a peace agreement was signed in Angola between the government and Unita rebels, bringing to an end nearly thirty years of civil war which cost the lives of over 500,000 people and displaced hundreds of thousands more.
Mayukwayukwa and Nangewshi are refugee camps in Western Zambia. They are home to over 30,000 refugees who have fled the long-running civil war in Angola. New refugees are arriving all the time as fighting continues. Many of them are in a poor condition; a reflection of the terrible situation inside Angola.