- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Addis Ababa September 25/2014 The Sustainable Intensification of Maize-Legume cropping systems for food security in Eastern and Southern Africa program (SIMLESA) is working to improve farmers' productivity through supplying improved seed.
Improved maize and legumes seed have been released to farmers through the program since 2010, said Mulugetta Mekuria, the Program Coordinator.
The improved maize and legumes seed provides 20 percent and 15 percent respectively higher production per hectare than the seed previously used by farmers.