- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
The aid agencies welcome Valid International's independent evaluation of the Southern Africa Crisis Appeal, which is an important part of every DEC appeal. While there are always lessons to be learned and aspects of agencies' response that could be improved, the vast majority of the report's findings were overwhelmingly positive.
July 2002 to June 2003
Appendix 1: Terms of Reference: Independent Evaluation - Southern Africa Crisis Appeal
The Appeal for the food crisis in Southern Africa, launched by the DEC on behalf of the 13 leading overseas charities, is likely to reach =A315 million when the Government's Gift Aid scheme is added to the =A314 million already received. The appeal was backed by the readers of the Baptist Times who donated a wonderful =A375,000.
In just 24 hours, a fantastic £3 million has been pledged to the DEC's Southern Africa Crisis Appeal. The appeal, launched yesterday (25th July), will help 14m people who face starvation in seven southern African countries.
More than =A31 million has been donated by the British public in the first few hours of the Disasters Emergency Committee's Southern Africa Crisis Appeal.
More Than 14m People Face Starvation
International donors and African governments must act urgently to save millions of lives by preventing massive food shortages in southern Africa turning into a full-scale famine, warn Britain's leading aid agencies today (24 June).