- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
This article addresses the complexities regarding the option of local integration in Zambia from the perspective of Rwandan refugees facing the decision and potential risks inherent in giving up their refugee status and related protection. It was submitted to the Rights in Exile Newsletter by the Rt. Revd John Osmers, the Assistant Anglican Bishop of Lusaka. For reasons of clarity it has been lightly edited. After receiving this article, we also received this update.
(20 June 2014) On the occasion of World Refugee Day, the International Refugee Rights Initiative (IRRI) is launching a paper aimed at policy makers dealing with refugees. Based on nine case studies across the region carried out by IRRI over six years, it contends that the framework of citizenship can contribute positively to a better understanding of, and better policy responses to, forced displacement in Africa’s Great Lakes region.
Sexual violence and the ICGLR