- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Mary’s Meals has rolled out its school feeding programme to Zambia, one of the world’s poorest countries.
The Scottish-based charity is now providing 20,000 children with a daily meal every day they attend school in the poverty-stricken African country.
Located in south-central Africa, the vast majority of the population in Zambia live on around a £1 a day and Government figures show that over a million children go to school hungry.