- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read reports
- Zambia: Educating orphans and training youth
- UNICEF Zambia Humanitarian Situation Report – Reporting Period January-June 2018
- WFP Zambia Country Brief, June 2018
- Zambia: Population movement - Emergency Plan of Action Operation (MDRZM010)
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
While creating new infrastructure in Mantapala Refugee Settlement is urgent, there is also a need to improve conditions and basic services in Meheba Refugee Settlement to prepare it to host more refugees in an event of a new influx from the DRC through the Copperbelt and North-western Provinces.
Kalumbila-Zambia: Today, the Government of the Republic of Zambia has granted temporal Residence permits to 1,468 former Rwandan refugees at Meheba Refugee Settlement, marking the beginning of a process that will lead to local integration of some 4,000 Rwandan former refugees in Zambia.
The UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR is welcoming this progressive development as a landmark in providing sustainable solutions for former Rwandan refugees who have opted to remain in Zambia after the end of the voluntary repatriation in 2016.
Lusaka, Zambia - Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018- The Government of the Republic of Zambia, UN agencies and other partners require over US$74.2 million in 2018 to address critical needs of Congolese refugees in Zambia.
NCHELENGE, Thursday 15 February 2018 – A team from the European Union (EU) met with Congolese refugees and familiarized themselves with the situation at Kenani Transit Centre and Mantapala Refugee Settlement in Zambia’s Nchelenge District, Luapula Province.
The team was composed of H.E, Alessandro Mariani, Ambassador of the EU to Zambia, H.E. Filippo Scammacca, Ambassador of Italy, H.E. Sylvain Berger, Ambassador of France and Mr. Mark Richardson, Head of the DFID Office.