- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Kalumbila-Zambia: Today, the Government of the Republic of Zambia has granted temporal Residence permits to 1,468 former Rwandan refugees at Meheba Refugee Settlement, marking the beginning of a process that will lead to local integration of some 4,000 Rwandan former refugees in Zambia.
The UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR is welcoming this progressive development as a landmark in providing sustainable solutions for former Rwandan refugees who have opted to remain in Zambia after the end of the voluntary repatriation in 2016.
PRESIDENT Mwanawasa has said that Government will soon start rehabilitating infrastructure destroyed by floods throughout the country.
The President said that the rehabilitation would start at the end of the rainy season that has left a trail of destruction on houses, schools, bridges, roads, crops and animals.
"Floods have caused untold suffering among our people throughout the country.
Your government is extremely concerned and in this connection we have been sending relief food to all parts of Zambia.
Government has been planning to rehabilitate all that has been …