- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Conserving Africa’s Precious Resource Base While Fighting Hunger
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak Lusaka - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRZM011)
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
The ministry of agriculture and Livestock would like to announce to the farming community throughout the country and the general public at large that there’s an outbreak of Armyworms in some parts of Zambia. We urge all farmers to be vigilant and report any suscipicious worms to the nearest agricultural office for verification
The ministry is on high alert and is monitoring the army worm outbreak. Agricultural officers have been sent in the field to take remedial measures on the spot.
THE United Nations (UN) system in Zambia has given Government K28.5 billion for the implementation of the anti-Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Act and promotion of human rights. Human rights and governance programmes have been allocated K16 billion while anti-GBV programmes have received K12.5 billion.
Secretary to the Treasury Fredson Yamba and UN resident co-ordinator Kanni Wignaraja signed the agreements in Lusaka yesterday. Ms Wignaraja said in an interview after signing the agreements that reports of GBV, especially against women in Zambia, are alarming.
NEW YORK, Friday, June 1, 2012 – The UN refugee agency has praised Zambia for looking after refugees and pledging to integrate some Angolans, according to its 2012 report.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) António Guterres launched t the report titled: "The State of the World's Refugees - in Search of Solidarity'' during a briefing at the UN headquarters on Thursday.