- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Lusaka, Zambia. 27 January 2013 - Today, the United State Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) launched a multi-partner initiative - Strengthening Agricultural Input and Output Markets in Africa (SAIOMA) - aimed at improving smallholder farmers' access to markets, in order to increase their earnings and improve their well-beings and the livelihoods of their families.
8 June 2012 - By the African Centre for Crop Improvement (ACCI) and the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI)
Africa needs a critical mass of scientists trained in plant breeding, with conventional and molecular expertise to develop resilient and climate-smart varieties needed for food security, sustainability and economic development. These scientists must be committed to working in national breeding programmes in their home countries. The lack of plant breeders with such skills in Africa is well documented.