- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
The Government of Zambia Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit (DMMU, Office of the Vice President) invited 40 representatives from government departments, local authorities, the Centre for Disease Control, WFP and OCHA to participate in a three-day simulation exercise for responding to a situation of severe pandemic.
The exercise from 16-19 November 2009 in Lusaka aimed at strengthening pandemic response and coordination capacities among the government, commercial operational partners and humanitarian agencies.
WFP was invited to provide logistical expertise and …