- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
JOHANNESBURG, 30 November 2009 (PlusNews) - The theme for World AIDS Day 2009 is 'Universal Access and Human Rights', and the efforts of the continent's developing countries to reach some of the key indicators of universal access are under closer scrutiny than ever. Will they do it?
In December 2005 the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV/AIDS (UNGASS) adopted a resolution to assist governments, civil society and NGOs in "scaling up HIV prevention, treatment, care and support, with the aim of coming as close as possible to the goal of universal access …
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
JOHANNESBURG, 18 November (PLUSNEWS) - As a prevention and vulnerability advisor, Aurorita Mendoza is responsible for addressing the prevention needs of some of the population groups hardest-hit by the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Young people, who account for half of all new adult infections, were the focus of Mendoza's recent trip to Southern Africa, where she attended a consultative meeting on the Southern African Youth (SAY) on AIDS initiatives.