- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
EVENT: Heavy rains and flooding in Southern Africa are jeopardising food security in the region.
SIGNIFICANCE: Flooding in Southern Africa is leading to large-scale displacement and the destruction of farms. The destruction of food crops is creating the prospect of serious regional food shortages, and raises the perennial question of planning for such emergencies.
ANALYSIS: Heavy rains since December have led to severe flooding in Southern Africa, affecting Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and especially Mozambique.