- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
New report calls for concerted action to improve care standards for children in Africa
A newly published research report highlights how eight African countries have failed to implement UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children; lack of leadership, resources and information cited.
18 June 2014 - LILONGWE, MALAWI – Five years after the UN adopted the Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children, key aspects of the global standards have yet to be implemented, according to a report authored by policy experts and released today.