- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
- As 12,000+ Congolese flee to Zambia, aid funds dry to trickle
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- Government assures the host community that no one will be displaced as Congolese are relocated to the new refugee settlement in Nchelenge
- WHO donates cholera kits to support the cholera outbreak response in the country
- Plus de 12 000 Congolais ont déjà fui vers la Zambie, affectée par une extrême pénurie de fonds pour l’aide humanitaire
A gleaming white DC-10 sits on the tarmac at Al Bateen Executive Airport in Abu Dhabi. What sets it apart from any other aircraft is the fact that it is equipped with an operating theatre, a recovery room and all manner of surgical equipment.
This is the Flying Eye Hospital which has treated more than 15 million patients worldwide for a range of eye-related diseases.
Currently on its first trip to the UAE since 1982, the hospital is looking to build long-standing relationships with medical professionals.