- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
This year, World Water Day (March 22) highlights the importance of international efforts to preserve and protect the world’s shared water resources.
The United Nations has declared 2013 the International Year of Water Cooperation. According to UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon: ‘Water is central to the well-being of people and the planet, we must work together to protect and carefully manage this fragile, finite resource.’
AusAID Media Release
BOB MCMULLAN MP
FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE
AA 08 …
AA 06 74
AA 05 051
I am pleased to announce that Australia will contribute $9 million to the World Food Programme's efforts to help ease a severe food crisis in several countries in Africa.
In the Southern African region $4.5 million will provide food assistance to 8 million people facing severe food shortages in Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.