- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
- As 12,000+ Congolese flee to Zambia, aid funds dry to trickle
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change adaptation in agriculture in Zambia
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- EIB broadens support for water infrastructure in Zambia
- Government assures the host community that no one will be displaced as Congolese are relocated to the new refugee settlement in Nchelenge
Story by Alvine Kapitako
WINDHOEK - Namibia continues to receive inflows of new African refugees with 15 to 20 new arrivals recorded monthly, says the Commissioner for Refugees in the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration, Nkrumah Mushelenga.
By Irene Hoaës
WINDHOEK - The number of vulnerable people that need humanitarian assistance in SADC has increased from 3.6 million in 2009 to 4.04 million in 2010.
Namibia is among the eight countries consisting of Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe that require humanitarian assistance.
According to the SADC Director for Food Agriculture and Natural Resources, Magreth Nyirenda, not even during the worst food crises in SADC in 1991/2 had the figures been that high.
by Reagan Malumo
KATIMA MULILO - Floods have displaced hundreds of learners, teachers and communities in the Zambezi flood plain areas of eastern Caprivi, forcing some of them to relocate to higher grounds at Schuckmannsburg where classes have been disrupted.
The situation worsened after water from the Zambezi River overflowed, causing floods at Nankuntwe, Namiyundu and Schuckmannsburg in Kabbe constituency.
The hydrological office at Katima Mulilo warned about the possibility of more flooding in the eastern flood plain this year compared to last year.
Last Thursday, Alfred …