- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
By Bruce Mulenga, Zambia Red Cross Society
For many months, it stood unusable – a borehole within arms’ reach of the Sikaunzwe Primary School in southern Zambia. Tantalizing, it enticed students and teachers, in an area currently affected by a prolonged dry spell. But it was broken, and could not provide one drop of the most precious resource – water.
By James Zulu, Zambia Red Cross Society
Lusaka. 25th January, 2007 - Zambia has been experiencing torrential rainfall since the second week of December 2006.
Monday, 12 December 2005 - James Zulu, Lusaka: The food situation in drought-struck Zambia has deteriorated to the point where families are trying to survive on poisonous plants, says a Zambia Red Cross volunteer, who is asking for more international help.