- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
While it's sometimes hard to quantify success, one thing is certain - the ripple effect and long-term effects of good development work impact more people for generations to come than any of us will know.
How many future generations will benefit from one child in a poor Kenyan village making her way to university because her high school tuition was paid?
How many lives will be saved from better nutrition resulting from improved farming methods and tools in rural Laos?
On the other hand, because of excellent tracking and reporting by our field staff, there are many …
SEATTLE -- Hunger and malnutrition are sweeping across the African continent due to a combination of factors that is creating one of the largest, most complicated humanitarian crises in history. In response, Seattle-based World Concern is expanding their relief programs to meet the growing needs.
(Note: World Concern Relief Director Kelly Miller leaves SeaTac Airport on Sunday, August 4, at 1:10 p.m. on flight #34 to Amsterdam, connecting to Southern Africa. Interviews are available by appointment at the Northwest/KLM ticket counter from 10:30 a.m. to Noon. Please see media contact information listed below to schedule an interview.)