- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Reforesting Africa's highest mountain could halt severe water shortages - UN Environment
- Rivers begin to dry up as the loss of Mt Kilimanjaro's forests triggers water crisis
- Climate change has destroyed 13,000 hectares of the mountain's forests since 1976 – equivalent to cutting off a year's supply of drinking water for 1 million people
- East Africa's glaciers expected to disappear within a few decades
19 October 2016 – Reforesting Africa's highest mountain could help protect vital water supplies that …
Nairobi, 12 August 2014 – Investment in climate change adaptation can help ensure that the impacts of climate change - including a projected 20 – 50 per cent decline in water availability – do not reverse decades of development progress in Africa, according to a new report released today by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
UNEP and World Agroforestry Centre Underscore the Continent's Untapped Potential to Boost Agriculture and Drinking Water Supplies
Nairobi, 13 November 2006 - The massive potential of rainwater harvesting in Africa is underlined in a new report released today at the climate convention talks in Nairobi.
Nairobi, 5 November 2006 -Assisting developing countries to adapt to the impacts of global warming, especially those in Africa must be a key focus of the latest round of climate change talks which open tomorrow in Nairobi.
A new report on impacts, vulnerability and adaptation in Africa, released by the Secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and based on data from bodies including the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) indicates that the continent's vulnerability to climate change is even more …