- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, SDC, is donating an additional SFr. 2 million on behalf of the hunger victims in southern Africa. The money is going to the World Food Program, WFP, for the purchase of grain. The total amount of emergency aid from Swit-zerland to southern Africa has reached SFr. 5 million.
The additional swiss contribution of SFr. 2 million will be used by the WFP to buy and mill grain.
Switzerland is participating in emergency aid activities on behalf of famine-hit regions of southern Africa. In response to the ever-worsening food situation, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC has been contributing to the efforts of Swiss non-governmental organizations and the World Food Program (WFP) to distribute grain and milk products. So far this year, the SDC has committed around SFr. 3 million to emergency aid activities in southern Africa.