- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Phase 2 of the Global Health Research Initiative's Capacity Building for HIV/AIDS Prevention Trials in Africa program (2009-2014) is designed to strengthen research capacity for African-led HIV/AIDS prevention trials in sub-Saharan Africa, a region which remains at the centre of the global HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Following the launch of the new five year program in 2009, a call for proposals was developed and a merit review competition was held in early 2010.