- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 6 March 2018
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 18 February 2018
- Zambia is not a permanent home for Rwandan refugees, President Lungu says
- Zambia takes the keys away from 'drivers' of deforestation
- United Nations led partnership together with the Green Climate Fund to support nearly 1 million farmers in Zambia
IMF Projects Solid Growth for Sub-Saharan Africa in the Face of Headwinds
Press Release No. 15/179
April 28, 2015
Introducing the April 2015 IMF Regional Economic Outlook: Sub-Saharan Africa, Ms. Antoinette Sayeh, Director of the IMF’s African Department commented today:
Strong Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa, but Pockets of Difficulty
- Infrastructure, services, agriculture driving growth in most economies
- Positive outlook overshadowed by Ebola impact in affected countries
- Goals are high, inclusive growth and addressing fiscal risks in a few countries
Strong growth in the majority of sub-Saharan Africa’s economies should underpin a robust regional expansion in 2014 and 2015, the IMF said in its regional outlook.
Press Release No. 09/373
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission visited Lusaka October 15-28 to conduct the discussions for the 2009 Article IV consultation1 and for the third review of Zambia's Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility (PRGF) with the IMF. The mission met with the Minister of Finance and National Planning, Hon. Situmbeko Musokotwane; Governor of the Bank of Zambia, Dr. Caleb Fundanga; other senior officials; and representatives of the business community, labor unions, civil society, and Zambia's cooperating partners.
Press Release No. 09/297
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission visited Zambia August 31-September 4, 2009 to review economic developments in 2009 and the government's plans for the 2010 budget. The mission met with the Minister of Finance and National Planning, Hon. Situmbeko Musokotwane; Governor of the Bank of Zambia, Dr. Caleb Fundanga; other senior officials; as well as with representatives of the business community and Zambia's cooperating partners.
At the conclusion of the visit, Mr.
Prepared by the Statistics Department
News Brief No. 02/81