- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Mumbwa, Zambia, December 10, 2010 - IFC, a member of the World Bank group, in partnership with AFGRI Corporation Limited, an agricultural services group incorporated in Zambia, today launched a program to support the growth of Zambia's agriculture sector by training and financing 450 farmers in the country. The program ultimately aims to benefit about 36,000 Zambian farmers over a three-year period.
The AFGRI Smallholder Mechanization Program will provide 450 farmers with business and management training, and help them develop business plans.
London/Washington, D.C., June 4, 2009-IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, the African Development Bank, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the German development finance institution DEG - Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH announced today that they have created a new private equity fund that will invest in Africa's health sector.
The Health in Africa Fund, managed by Aureos Capital, will invest in small- and medium-sized companies in sub-Saharan Africa, such as health clinics and diagnostic centers, with the goal of helping low-income Africans gain …