- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
Somalia-Hundreds of thousands of displaced face dire conditions- Fighting between the Transitional Federal Government (TFG), backed by the Ethiopian troops, and anti-TFG factions increased in Mogadishu in March and April, and was reported to be the worst wave of violence in the city for 16 years. An estimated 395,000 people, representing about one third of the town's population, have fled the city and concentrated mostly in Shabelle, Galgadud, Hiran, Mudug and Bay regions.
Ethiopia - Dire situation of IDPs in Somali region -The nutrition and food security situation has improved in most parts of Ethiopia compared to 2002 and 2003. This may be attributed to better weather conditions and to the humanitarian aid which have probably mitigated the situation. Whilst in some areas, the nutrition situation seems under-control, it is still average to precarious in most parts of Ethiopia. The Somali region is especially at risk, due to poor rainfall and the presence of IDPs.