- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
- As 12,000+ Congolese flee to Zambia, aid funds dry to trickle
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change adaptation in agriculture in Zambia
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- EIB broadens support for water infrastructure in Zambia
- President's Malaria Initiative: Zambia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2018
ILO: More than half of the global rural population excluded from health care
ILO report shows huge differences in health care access between rural and urban areas worldwide.
GENEVA (ILO News) – A new ILO report shows that 56 per cent of people living in rural areas worldwide do not have access to essential health-care services – more than double the figure in urban areas, where 22 per cent are not covered.
PRETORIA (ILO News) – HIV and AIDS workplace initiatives should be integrated into national AIDS programmes and a wide range of health approaches, including occupational safety and health, says a new report, "Effective Responses to HIV and AIDS at Work: A Multi-Country Study in Africa ", launched by the International Labour Organization (ILO) in Sandton - Johannesburg, South Africa.
LUSAKA, Zambia, 19 August 2009 (UNICEF/ILO) -- Members of influential parliamentary committees in Zambia have pledged to do all they can to ensure the full rights of people living with disabilities. They aim to achieve this through advocacy at all levels, and by pressing for the ratification of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
In the outcome statement following an intensive UN workshop on disability equality training held recently in Chisamba, 18 members of Zambia's parliament (MPs) have agreed to:
- work towards raising awareness …
Working Paper No. 5