- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera/AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Update for 2018 (as of 18 January 2018)
- Government of Zambia, UNHCR and partners start relocation of Congolese refugees to Mantapala settlement
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 2 February 2018
- The United Nations in Zambia, CDC and DFID commend government’s initiative of setting up an efficient cholera treatment hospital and for scaling up preventive interventions in the community
- Zambia: Agriculture Assessment Western Province, Zambia, August 2017
Schools are critical sites for water and sanitation systems, and excellent launching pads for community service projects with a big impact. Matti Urho, past governor of District 1410 (=C5land Islands; part of Finland), had that in mind when he went to the RI Web site to search for water projects based in schools. The one he found eventually led to a 2006 Rotary Foundation Matching Grant project involving the Rotary Club of Livingstone, Zambia, and District 9210 (Malawi; part of Mozambique; Zambia; Zimbabwe).
By Dan Nixon
Joseph Hongo of Kenya has long envisioned 'a new world order shaped not by military and political might but tolerance and mutual understanding, where issues of human security and development take center stage.'
He says his Rotary World Peace Fellowship to study at the University of Queensland in Australia, beginning in February 2009, echoes that ideal.
By Vukoni Lupa-Lasaga