- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Zambia and partners appeal for over US$74.2m to address critical needs of Congolese refugees
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
Schools are critical sites for water and sanitation systems, and excellent launching pads for community service projects with a big impact. Matti Urho, past governor of District 1410 (=C5land Islands; part of Finland), had that in mind when he went to the RI Web site to search for water projects based in schools. The one he found eventually led to a 2006 Rotary Foundation Matching Grant project involving the Rotary Club of Livingstone, Zambia, and District 9210 (Malawi; part of Mozambique; Zambia; Zimbabwe).
By Dan Nixon
Joseph Hongo of Kenya has long envisioned 'a new world order shaped not by military and political might but tolerance and mutual understanding, where issues of human security and development take center stage.'
He says his Rotary World Peace Fellowship to study at the University of Queensland in Australia, beginning in February 2009, echoes that ideal.
By Vukoni Lupa-Lasaga