- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Zambia and partners appeal for over US$74.2m to address critical needs of Congolese refugees
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
BRAZIL – Severe Weather
• Heavy rains resulted in the overflowing of river Palmital in São Paulo state on 12 January.
• As of 14 January (national news agency): twelve dead and eight missing in the municipality of Itaóca, over 300 people displaced, power and transportation networks damaged and 100 houses affected (19 of which destroyed); 50 homes damaged by floods in the town of Apiaí.
• As of 15 January (INMET), heavy rains may still affect parts of São Paulo state in the next 24 h.
National Media (1, 2), INMET, NOAA