- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Conserving Africa’s Precious Resource Base While Fighting Hunger
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak Lusaka - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRZM011)
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
In a high-security building in Kampala, Uganda, a man leads a group of sleuths investigating a potential killer. While they may go about their work with the meticulousness of police detectives, they are actually a different type of investigator. Professor Moses Joloba, Director of Uganda's Supranational Reference Laboratory, leads his team to pursue TB – the world’s leading killer among infectious diseases. The disease killed more than 1.6 million people around the world in 2017.
NAIROBI, 22 janvier 2013 (IRIN) - Selon une étude de l'Institut international de recherche sur les politiques alimentaires IFPRI, l'Afrique pourrait réduire son niveau de pauvreté plus rapidement en privilégiant la production d'aliments de base plutôt que les cultures d'exportation.
FEWS NET Alert Status Food Insecurity in Africa
Maize Harvesting starts in southern Africa and Tanzania and trading opportunities are mixed.
Southern Tanzania maize producers and traders expected to benefit from relatively higher prices in East Africa.
PRODUCTION AND TRADE PROSPECTS