- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read reports
- UNICEF Zambia Humanitarian Situation Report – Reporting Period January-June 2018
- Zambia: Educating orphans and training youth
- WFP Zambia Country Brief, June 2018
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
KEY AREAS OF CRRF APPLICATION
• Builds on two pledges made at the Leaders’ Summit on Refugees (20 September 2016):
1. Adopt a new refugee law giving more rights to refugees
2. Provide quality education to all refugee children.
NAIROBI, 22 janvier 2013 (IRIN) - Selon une étude de l'Institut international de recherche sur les politiques alimentaires IFPRI, l'Afrique pourrait réduire son niveau de pauvreté plus rapidement en privilégiant la production d'aliments de base plutôt que les cultures d'exportation.
A global review of the literature with a focus on the application of integrated pest and vector management in East Africa and Uganda
KAMPALA, 22 May 2012 (PLUSNEWS) - The prevalence of drug-resistant HIV strains in Uganda has risen from 8.6 percent to 12 percent in the last five years, one of the highest rates in Sub-Saharan Africa, according to a recent study.
The PharmAccess African Studies to Evaluate Resistance (PASER) monitoring cohort study report for 2008-2012 found that the prevalence of transmitted drug resistance among people who have never taken life-prolonging antiretroviral (ARV) medication was substantially higher in Uganda.
By Dan Nixon
Joseph Hongo of Kenya has long envisioned 'a new world order shaped not by military and political might but tolerance and mutual understanding, where issues of human security and development take center stage.'
He says his Rotary World Peace Fellowship to study at the University of Queensland in Australia, beginning in February 2009, echoes that ideal.
By Abraham McLaughlin and Blake Lambert
FEWS NET Alert Status Food Insecurity in Africa
Maize Harvesting starts in southern Africa and Tanzania and trading opportunities are mixed.
Southern Tanzania maize producers and traders expected to benefit from relatively higher prices in East Africa.
PRODUCTION AND TRADE PROSPECTS
NAIROBI, 24 January (IRIN) - Current food crop surpluses have helped improve the food security of important, vulnerable groups in Eastern Africa and the Horn of Africa in the short term, but could have serious negative effects later if farmers, reacting to lower prices, reduce the area planted with cereals, according to a new report from the Famine Early Warning System Network.